Phase 1 Projects: organ renovation, A/V upgrades, TV upgrades and rolling carts, hallway screens, smoke detection, washer and dryer capabilities, lighting upgrades, sanctuary glass protection, & McComas Hall storage design.
Phase 2 Projects: Homestead strategic plan and upgrades to our Sunday School spaces.
Tune Up to Praise! Capital Campaign Update July, 2018
- The organ renovation is expected to be complete July 10th. While Patrick Merrill will be playing it through the summer, to celebrate this part of our music ministry, and to highlight the full capabilities of this fully restored and enhanced organ, we are planning an organ concert sometime in September.
- The restoration and protection of our stained glass panels is complete and they look beautiful.
- To help protect this 153 year old gem, smoke detection and monitoring has been installed at the Mount Carmel Chapel. Plans for smoke detection and monitoring in our Sanctuary and McComas Hall are still being developed.
- By about the end of July, audio enhancements for McComas Hall and a new video projection system for the sanctuary should be complete.
- The replacement of our very old rolling TVs with flat panel screens, blue ray DVD players and the capability of being able to connect with current computers should be completed by September.
- While virtually all of the lighting in the Linwood complex has been upgraded to LED lighting through using a BGE grant program, we are working on plans to replace the Sanctuary barrel lights with LED equivalents.
Other Exciting Building Projects Underway or in Development
There are other exciting projects underway that are not being funded by the capital
campaign but rather through our building fund and other funding sources:
- The Linwood Entrance Doors have been replaced with newer and safer doors that will have push bars on them for a safe exit in the event of an emergency. Severe termite damage was found and repaired by volunteer woodworkers.
- The Homestead Building and Property Assessment has identified what we need to do to stabilize the building and get it up to code compliance for future use. The structure of the building is sound, but much work needs to be done before it can put back into safe and efficient use. Some dedicated volunteers have already started the stabilization work and a subcommittee of the Trustees is meeting regularly to plan the course ahead.
- An Entrance Ramp for Mount Carmel is being designed to enhance access to this historic structure.
- A Storage Space Addition for McComas Hall is being evaluated to help us unclutter the McComas Hall worship space and to provide much needed storage space for aour ministries.
- Our Safety & Security Ministry is working to enhance the safety and security of our congregation and guests. We have recently installed several cameras to monitor our entrances and our children’s play grounds and are also working on developing the Safety and Security procedures to make sure that we can respond to a variety of emergency situations.
If you would like to make a pledge, please complete the form below.
After you click the submit button, in a few minutes you will receive a e-mail confirmation. You will also be re-directed to our on-line giving page if you decide you would like to give electronically.